2007 NFL Mock Draft
Last Updated: April 27, 2007
It appears that Adrian Peterson is slipping late, in part because of concern that he may have re-injured his collarbone in the Fiesta Bowl. Meanwhile, there has been talk that the Raiders may be playing the negotiation game with JaMarcus Russell by talking with Brady Quinn's agent, albeit at lowball numbers.
If the Raiders do go for Russell at #1, the Lions should be able to potentially implement a trade down for a team looking to land Calvin Johnson. I imagine that the Bucs would have the inside edge on moving to #2, with a Top 5 pick to offer (#4) and two 2007 second-rounders to work with, but Atlanta make a run at it. For Detroit, the payoff of trading down could be, as Joe Cabot said in Reservoir Dogs, "Juicy, man, real juicy."
As it is, I'm now projecting Calvin Johnson to Detroit in a possible draft-and-trade scenario. I just can't see CJ falling past #2, not with his growing hype and the mainstream's increasing awareness of his unique ability.
I think we'll see it go JaMarcus Russell, Calvin Johnson (with Detroit trading picks with Tampa Bay), Brady Quinn, Gaines Adams (to the Lions) and then Arizona lucking out with Joe Thomas. From there it could get quite tough to follow, though I'd look for LaRon Landry to go by #10 at the latest. Enjoy the draft, everyone.
2007 NFL Mock Draft
1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
2. Detroit Lions - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
3. Cleveland Browns - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
6. Washington Redskins - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
7. Minnesota Vikings - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
8. Atlanta Falcons (via Houston) - LaRon Landry, FS, LSU
9. Miami Dolphins - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
10. Houston Texans (via Atlanta) - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
11. San Francisco 49ers - Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss
12. Buffalo Bills - Marshawn Lynch, RB, California
13. St. Louis Rams - Ted Ginn, Jr., WR, Ohio St.
14. Carolina Panthers - Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida
16. Green Bay Packers - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Reggie Nelson, DB, Florida
18. Cincinnati Bengals - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
19. Tennessee Titans - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
20. New York Giants - Levi Brown, OT, Penn St.
21. Denver Broncos - Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia
22. Dallas Cowboys - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Robert Meacham, WR, Tennessee
24. New England Patriots (via Seattle) - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St.
25. New York Jets - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
26. Philadelphia Eagles - Eric Weddle, S, Utah
27. New Orleans Saints - Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
28. New England Patriots - Michael Griffin, S, Texas
29. Baltimore Ravens - Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida St.
30. San Diego Chargers - Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
31. Chicago Bears - Justin Blalock, OG/OT, Texas
32. Indianapolis Colts - Jon Beason, OLB, Miami
Draft King Column Archive